Monday, April 21, 2008

KATRINA Halili says she is hurt

KATRINA Halili says she is hurt when people quickly judge her ability to play a lead role now that she’s topbilling the remake of “Magdusa Ka” opposite Dennis Trillo that will replace “Maging Akin Ka Lamang” on GMA-7’s Dramarama sa Hapon.

“I wish panoorin muna nila ang show before they say anything,” she says. “I will show na hindi lang ako pang-kontrabida kundi kaya ko ring magbida. Don’t they want me to grow as an actress? I’m sure sawa na rin silang laging nang-aapi ako ng bida kaya give me a chance naman na ako naman ang apihin ngayon.”

Katrina is no longer with GMA Artist Center after her contract with them expired last February. She is now handled by Director Rommel Gacho of Starstruck who she considers her father in showbiz. “I’ll now be directly under GMA Network with Tatay Rommel guiding me personally at siyang personal na kakausapin nila.”

What can she say about her Starstruck batchmate Cristine Reyes’ decision to leave GMA for ABS? “Well, I respect her decision. Good luck to her. Ang importante naman, kunsaan ka masaya, di dun ka. E, ako, happy po ako with GMA, so dito pa rin ako sa Kapuso at wala akong planong lumipat at all.”

How did she feel when Iwa Moto declared she fits villain roles more? “Parang kapatid ko si Iwa at Ate nga ang tawag sa akin niyan, so I don’t feel she means anything bad when she said that. She plays the kontrabida nga to me in ‘Magdusa Ka’, so she’ll be in a good position para makita kung kaya ko na ngang magbida o hindi. Kundi ko kaya, di siya na ang magbida. Chos! Joke lang!”

Does she think Iwa can do lead roles? “Why not? Siguro naman, bagay din sa kanya. Let’s give her a chance. Just like me, yung mga nanghuhusga agad sa’kin, give me a chance naman muna.”

Dina Bonnevie won several best actress awards for the lead role in “Magdusa Ka”. Does she think she can duplicate Dina’s portrayal? “I saw the movie on DVD and she’s really good. Pero ayoko namang basta kopyahin ang acting niya. All I can say is that I will do my best at sana, huwag na lang kaming pagkumparahin kasi iba siya at iba rin naman ako. Basta, kakayanin ko kahit ibang talent ang ipapakita ko kasi dati, ako ang laging nagmamaldita, di ba? Pero ngayon, ako ang aapihin ni Iwa na siyang maldita rito. Alam ko, makakaya ko ‘yung gawin, with flying colors.”

Alicia Mayer
Jennifer Lee
Kathleen Hermosa
Jocelyn Oxlade
Asia Agcaoili
Patricia Javier