Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gillian Chung makes official comeback appearance

HK celebrity Gillian Chung makes official comeback appearance

Hong Kong celebrity Gillian Chung has made her first official comeback appearance. Her clean cut image was shattered last year by a s*x-photo scandal involving actor Edison Chen.

Gillian Chung admitted that she was scared to face the media on Tuesday, but she said she was determined to return to showbiz.

The 28-year-old appeared as the regional ambassador for a local fashion label, Bauhaus TOUGH Jeansmith. She reportedly received a seven-digit sum for the gig.


Bauhaus said
Gillian Chung's ability to overcome challenges fits with the brand's image, and in what's believed to be the first time, Gillian Chung addressed the media in English.

Gillian Chung appearance on a televised charity show soon after the scandal drew more than 2,000 complaints, forcing her to put her career on hold.

"This year was quite hard for me. I had lots of pressure. But I know I have to face the problem and I have a long road to go. So I learned martial arts, dancing and singing. I hope when I come back I can do my very best," she said.


Taiwan Welcomes Gillian Chung !!!


Gillian Chung was greeted with flowers at Taipei airport.

The beautiful and hardworking star is scheduled to take her comeback international as she fronts a promotional campaign in Taipei for a jeans company.

Gillian Chung is due to meet up with her Twins partner and best friend, Charlene Choi, who is currently filming in Taiwan. But the duo do not plan to appear together in public just yet.